Android TV Home launcher is Google’s new and improved launcher. It works in conjunction with TV Core Services. It has a functional home screen for managing applications on your Android TV and media console.
The Core Services add-on allows the Launcher to work with Google’s TV video library. It is essentially similar to Google Play on smartphones, which links all applications from Google and they cannot work without it.
The app has a multilingual interface and also requires an android version of at least 8.0 Oreo installed on your device. No ads.
Android TV Home features
- the ability to perform all actions using the direction and selection keys
- new ability to create your own tiles from images
- Ability to create your own tiles from installed app icons / banners
- Fully customizable tiles, giving you the ability to add any app to any tile
- If only 1 app is added to a tile, the app launches directly, otherwise an app selector is displayed
- mouse / air mouse / touch input is fully supported
- no Root rights or root access required
- no ads (except for Google recommendations)
Favorite apps on the home screen display recommended content, autonomously gathering preference information. There is a voice search. Notification system from the marked apps is available too.
You need to have at least 15 installed apps to have app icons nicely displayed in two rows on the home screen. Also, the application has advertising recommendations from Google Play. You can disable them in the settings.