Downloader App allows Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Edition television owners to easily download files from the internet onto their device. You can enter a URL which directly points to a file, or you can use the built-in web browser to download files from websites. The built-in browser supports the Fire TV remote and game controller, so a mouse and keyboard is not necessary. The browser can also be used for general web surfing with fullscreen mode, zooming, and quick access to favorites/bookmarks. Favorites allow you to easily save and open frequently visited URLs. Once files are downloaded, you can use the app’s basic file manager to open them, install them if they are APK applications, or delete them.
Downloader and all of its features are 100% free without any annoying ads. The app is entirely supported by donations through the app’s home screen. If you find this app useful, please consider donating to support the app and to keep new features coming.
Downloader App features
Downloader App makes it possible to download files from the Internet. Typically, the application is used to download and install APK files. APK files are used to install Android apps that are not available on the Google Play Store or other official channels.
- Download files by entering their URL.
- Built-in Web Browser with support for file downloads.
- Navigate websites using just a Fire TV Remote or Game Controller. (No mouse/keyboard needed.)
- Browser features fullscreen mode, zooming, and quick access to favorites/bookmarks.
- Favorites allow you to easily save and open frequently visited URLs.
- Open, install (if APK), delete, and manage files within the app.
- Access information about networks
- Access information about Wi-Fi networks
- Open network sockets
- Read from external storage
- Write to external storage
- Allows sending in-app billing requests and managing in-app billing transactions